The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the development and execution of manual and automated tests to ensure the highest possible product quality. Perform functional, system and integration level testing on newly developed, redesigned and pre-existing Company software solutions. Creates, maintains, implements test plans and test cases. Documents and summarizes test results and reports findings and participates in analyzing and designing test suites. The Quality Assurance Analyst must possess the ability to:
Reviews requirements, determines test scope and develops strategic test plans for test assignments.
Apply a broad application of industry standards, principles, theories and concepts involving quality testing. Identifies process gaps and is able to write procedures in line with best practices.
Assist in User Acceptance Test efforts; coordinate with business users to secure resources, outline testing plan, and manage test effort thru signoff.
Provide testing metrics and reports for the QA dashboard to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management.
Troubleshoots and resolves or recommends solutions to a diverse range of complex software testing problems. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices (includes software and technical documentation solutions).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design, develop, and execute test cases using test plans and functional specifications.
· Participate in all phases of the test cycle, including Integration/System Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, etc.
· Develop test plans from design and requirements documents, consolidates scenarios, test cases and other input contributed by other team members.
· Participate in software requirement, specification, and design reviews.
· Develops test scenarios using manual and/or automated testing tools such as Quality Center and Quick Test Professional.
· Develop and maintain automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional tool.
· Analyze software designs in conjunction with the development team to ensure that all ramifications of the changes or additions have been discovered.
· Perform deliverables tracking and reporting as assigned.
· Monitors progress of testing efforts to ensure deadlines are met.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Experience in testing web-based application software.
· Expert knowledge of QA automation processes, methodologies, and frameworks.
· Experience in creation of automation test scripts.
· A positive, quality-oriented, reliable, organized, and flexible individual with an ability to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, dynamic environment.
· A thorough understanding of the test phase of the Software Development Life Cycle; knowledge of all phases of SDLC.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· High attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
· Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
· Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field, or software test related experience/knowledge.
· 3 to 5 years of software testing experience in a professional software development environment.
· 3+ years experience in a web based testing environment.
· Hands on workplace experience with testing tools such as Quality Center and Quick Test Pro.
· Interaction with project managers, business and functional analysts, developers and the business community directly related to quality assurance responsibilities and roles.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who have one of the following:
· 2 to 4 years experience in the insurance industry.
A comprehensive benefit package is available as well as a competitive compensation program.
Qualified individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resource Department
Western Reserve Group
1685 Cleveland Rd.
Wooster, Ohio 44691
Or email HRContact@wrg-ins.com
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Western Reserve Group (WRG) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any WRG employee. WRG will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of WRG and will be processed accordingly.